Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sooo, Earth Day?

I've been pretty stoked about Earth Day this year. What would we do, I wondered. Last year I took the day off and the littlest man and I went to the Arboretum. Maybe we could do something more giving this year, clean up litter maybe?

But, alas, work had to take over the day this year. Too much to do and too many other days taken off; plus, I had to go to the Dr about a weird rash on my back - boo. Adding to that, I really was beginning to feel very blah about the whole thing. Taking just one day to do something green? We're pretty Green all year-round.
A list of green stuff we do everyday of the year:
  • No paper towels - ever.
  • 100% recycled toilet paper; except once when we had people over, it was late at night and we were about to run out - bad combo
  • We haven't bought plastic baggies in a year and a half
  • Only using natural cleaners, mostly baking soda and vinegar
  • Making our own homemade laundry detergent
  • Making our own hand soap - verdict is still out on that one so no post, yet
  • Buying almost all organic food
  • Line dry clothes year round, we've used the dryer only a handful of times since we started a year ago
  • Composting everything we can
  • Recycling everything we can
This list isn't exhaustive and also isn't meant to be a 'nanana-booboo' either. Perhaps I'm trying to assuage my guilt over not doing anything today to celebrate.

So, what did you do for Earth Day? Or what do you do everyday that makes you feel better for not doing anything today?

No comments: