Thursday, May 7, 2009

Clothesline Challenge 2009

The new clothesline challenge for this summer has begun!

We began drying our clothes outside last spring; read about the ghetto-fabness and then the sweet clothesline that followed. We've cut our electric bill by about 2o% and we no longer have to run the clothes over and over in the dryer to get them dry - so annoying.

But, with all this rain the last few weeks - the clothesline is out of commission. Not because of the rain itself, but the ground is so soaked that one of the poles started leaning like the Tower of Pisa. Shinerman pulled it out and said there was a big 'ol puddle under it. Now we have to wait until it stops raining and the ground dries to fix it. In the meantime, I think we're going to work the shower curtain and hanger action. But I did put some clothes in the dryer tonight...sigh, the eco-guilt cometh :)

But YOU should take the plunge. Gift of Green has several levels for your choosing. We are trying for Super Star, but that was before the clothesline crisis.

Gift of Green's Clothesline Challenge 2009

3 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gift of Green said...

Sorry - that was me above...

Ehem, as I was saying...

Oh, woe is me (and you). Our clotheslines are still up but at this rate I'm about to put myself in the dryer just to get rid of the dampness in my bones. Here's hoping for sunny weather!

ames said...

I'm so not a line-drying superstar, and we're having the rainy problems in PA too. I did manage to get one blanket dry before I had to dash out and rescue everything from a thunderstorm, bah!